Thursday, February 3, 2011

Best. Jeggings. EVER!

I am relatively late to the skinny jeans party, but I have recently given into the hype. I never thought they would look good on someone my age and weight, but I have found a few styles that I actually like and believe to be flattering. My favorites have been the Bree jeans from CAbi (the ones on the far left in the picture below), but they are starting to get a little loose on me. They are actually just skinny jeans, so I thought I might try a pair of jeggings to hopefully get a better fit. 
photo courtesy of www.cabicanary.com
I started with a pair from Forever 21. They were cheap, which is a huge plus, but I think they (as well as most things F21 sells) are made for a pre-baby, still-firm-and-perky body. I wore them anyway, and just made sure I wore a long enough top to cover the muffin top rising out of the waistband. 

I really wasn't in the market for new jeggings/skinny jeans. Honestly. But New York & Company, a store that has always been very generous to me with their coupons, sent me a $70 off a $150 purchase coupon. That's a great deal in my book! I bought a couple pairs of jeans, a couple shirts, a black pencil skirt I've been wanting for a while, and a jacket. The pencil skirt was as awesome as I expected it to be, and I wore it all day on Sunday. The tops were okay, but nothing to get all excited over. The jacket was a total bust, but I'm hoping to keep playing with it to see if I can get it to work with my wardrobe. Then came the jeans. I got one pair of regular bootcut jeans, and the jeggings. Even though I wasn't really looking, I thought I would give them a try. They looked nice on the model.

These are soooo great! The very best thing I can say about them is that they come up higher than most all the jeans I've tried on lately, so POOF! No more muffin top! Whoo Hoo! Plus, they're soft, flattering, and reasonably priced. Score! 

So, if you're in the market for new skinny jeans, or if you want to give them a try for the first time, I highly recommend these. I really can't say enough nice things. They are exactly what you want a pair of leggings to be. 

Before you buy, make sure you sign up for their email newsletters, and I bet you'll get a coupon in no time! Even if you don't, they are currently on sale for B1G1 half off! I think you can combine this with tops as well, so you can get a really cute outfit for a great price!

Toodle-loo, and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment